Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday already? Wow! Time flies whether or not you're having fun. Ok I know I had said that I don't want any anon comments, but I do have someone I know following privately, and I totally understand her reasons for doing so and appreciate her loving heart. I also greatly value her input, so I told her she could comment anonymously. So if you see an anon comment, that's why. So while I would prefer with other people that I know who's talking, I have decided to allow anon comments. As far as I know, I only have one private follower though. I guess I'm just a little concerned about someone being mean or rude and than being too chicken to even own up to it, but I don't think this is even the type of blog that would draw people like that, so it's probably a non issue.

Yesterday I got my Bible study reading and questions done, but we didn't end up going. Wires with our ride got crossed. Apparently she WAS here, but neither the kids nor I saw or heard her. Bummer. But life happens, right? So we'll try again the week after next. No meeting next week cuz it's Thanksgiving.

I think we have removed the plague from our home. The kids have all been treated with the turbo bug death gel, stuffed animals packed away in garbage bags for the next 10 days, and bedding and pillows washed. Now we just need to dump the brushes and get new ones ,and we should be good to go.

Jim and I forgot to pray together last night, so we'll have to remind ourselves to do it today. My mind was elsewhere cuz a friend introduced me to skype, and I got to see her and her lovely fam, including the pets ( 3 cats, 2 lizards, and a dog) and hear their voices for the first time. We've been texting for what seems like forever but really has just been like 2 or 3 weeks, but she's just one of those people with whom there was an instant connection. We are alike in SO many ways it's almost scary. She thinks we must be long lost sisters. But I haven't been able to talk to her cuz she's a foreign chick (Ok just Canada but I like to razz her cuz I'm just that way) and Verizon would charge me 69 cents a minute to talk to her. GULP! I'd have to sell a kid or something to pay for that. (not that I haven't been tempted----- Hey don't judge me; I have teens.) But skype is free. Gotta love that. Um Laurie, are you reading this? Skype Girl! Anyway Jim and I (OK mostly me, but Jim talked for a little bit too) spent the evening skyping. It was a blast!

Oh I found a devotional to use as a family and ordered it from CBD yesterday, and it's already on it's way. It's for advent, so doesn't start til Dec 1. Technically I know Advent is a few days earlier, but this is how the book is set up with enough devotions to last from the 1st til Christmas, so we'll go with it. But I still need to find something for after that, but this buys me a little more time. I think the Advent devotions will be a good first choice cuz it's not just reading and questions, but also has activities to go along with the day's reading. I really like the devos that have an activity or object lesson or something other than just reading & discussion. Even if the activities aren't every day. I just think kids, at least my kids, tend to get bored with the same old same old, day after day. It's nice to mix it up every once in a while. So hopefully I can find a resource that does this.

Today I will continue to work on my Bible study, remember to pray with Jim, and I'm going to add another goal. Quite honestly, my house has become a PIT. I know it's bad when it starts bothering Jim cuz he is by no stretch of the imagination a clean freak. He hasn't said anything cuz I've been sick & am still dealing with this blasted cold, but I can just tell he's bothered. I mean when you've been married to someone for 21 years, you can kinda read them. Honestly, I would be REALLY embarrassed if someone came over right now, and seriously, is it just me, or does it seem like NO one shows up unexpectedly when your house is reasonably clean, but let it become like the cover shot for Ransacking Monthly Magazine, and lo and behold everyone and their mother comes knocking on your door? Murphy's Law at work in the housekeeping arena. OK so I need to do something here, but the thought of taking it all on makes me want to lie down before I even get started, so I think I'll start eating this elephant in the kitchen cuz that's the most used room and gets dirty the fastest and really is not sanitary or nice smelling to let that go. I will get back into a daily routine in the kitchen. Not getting into any deep cleaning or organization or decorating or that kind of stuff, but just the basic everyday stuff. This is what I'm planning for now anyway. Plan and shop for a week's worth of meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), prepare said meals (haven't really been cooking for over a week and that's a biggie to Jim), clean up after each meal, which would be wash, dry, and put away dishes, clear and wipe tables, counter tops, stove, and sink. Tidy up kitchen and dining room, put away food, sweep kitchen and dining room floors. Today this will all take awhile because my kitchen looks like a tornado swept through, but once I get it back in order, it won't be such a major project to maintain it. If I stay on top of it, it won't take long to keep it nice. I just have to take care of it after each meal. So that's the plan anyway. Hey that in itself won't turn my home into a place of beauty, but it's a start. But first coffee.

Ruby Tink :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment