Sunday, December 25, 2011

merry christmas

Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful morning, opening gifts & eating the pumpkin bread I made last night! We were so blessed by people's generosity this year. Not only did we have that anonymous delivery, but we also got a completely surprise package with stuff for all of us from one of my online friends who I hope to one day have the joy of meeting in person. Thank you so much Bethie Boo & Ernie! This truly was an unexpected blessing!

I just finished making Christmas dinner & am waiting for Haley to finish washing dishes so we can eat. We're having baked ham, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes with nutmeg, biscuits, romaine with a homemade mustard vinaigrette, sparkling cider, & chocolate cherry trifle for dessert. I think it'll be yummy!

Later we're planning to visit my mom, & then we'll play the rest of the day & evening by ear. I'll try to get some of my stuff done that I've been wanting to do for the past couple weeks, but it IS Christmas, so if it doesn't happen, that's OK too.

No snow today. This is my 19th Christmas in MN & first one here that hasn't been white. That's fine though. I'd rather have this than 20 below. Hope everyone is having a blessed day of celebration!

Ruby Tink :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! So glad it got to you. It sounds like you had a fun, full day. Us too!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete